Dear Nursery Staff and Parents,
There is growing concern all around the world about the downside of all the new gadgets. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to give children a gadget-free nursery experience? Here are my seven reasons. You might have others.
- The Nursery will become a radiation-free zone for children and adults.
- Children will have a break from staring at screens and exposure to toxic radiation.
- Children will spend more time in healthy play and natural socialising.
- Development and learning will be enhanced as children bring their whole bodies and minds into Nursery activity.
- The new policy will give opportunities for staff and parents to discuss issues around radiation and screen time.
- Parents and staff might reconsider how they use these gadgets at home.
- Staff will have a welcome break from technology as they leave their gadgets at home or in their car.
Of course, the Nursery office will have to be radiation free too. This is not a problem because laptops can have Ethernet cables instead of wi-fi connections and phones can be on land lines – but not DECT phones, though! (The Interconnections office has international reach and is radiation free. It works perfectly.)
Cartoon from TAC Bulletin Issue 2017: