The Joint BASPCAN and NSPCC Child Protection Conference. Followed by Trainer of the Year Award 2017
‘INSPIRING GOOD PRACTICE THROUGH TRAINING’
Double Tree by Hilton, 92 Southampton Row, London
Monday 16th January 2018, 11.00am-5.15pm
Keynote Speakers: Emeritus Prof Jan Horwath, Prof Lucy Bowes, Prof Sian Pooley,
Almudena Lara, Dr Sam Warner, Laura Randall, Marie Smith and Peter Watt
This inaugural event is specifically designed to address the needs of those who design and deliver child protection training across the UK and Ireland. It is also a celebration of the contribution of trainers to protecting children and young people from abuse, through the presentation of the first Child protection trainer of the year award.
About the conference
The day will include keynote speeches and panel discussions, covering:
- the most recent research on childhood adversity and social norms
- training for online safeguarding
- training with experts by experience
- innovations in training practice from across the UK
Fabricated or Induced Illness (FII). Early Recognition and Management
Park Inn Hotel, York – Monday 22nd January 2018, 10.00am-4.00pm
Facilitated by Dr Danya Glaser
Keynotes: Dr Emma Hewson and Marta Neil, GOSH
The day will help promote the early recognition and effective management of possible cases of Fabricated or Induced Illness.
Aim of the day:
To promote the early recognition and effective management of possible cases of Fabricated or Induced Illness.
This masterclass will be particularly suited to safeguarding leads in health, paediatricians, GPs, nurses, midwives and health visitors, social workers, legal professionals, psychologists, child and adolescent psychiatrists, and educational staff.
By the end of this masterclass participants will be able to:
- Recognise Perplexing Presentations (PP) which may be precursors of possible Fabricated or Induced Illness (FII)
- Understand key dynamics underpinning PP & FII
- Recognise the role of health professionals in early identification and management of possible cases of PP and FII
- Maintain a focus on the child throughout
- Understand the roles of different professionals and agencies in responding to PP &FII
A joint conference by ISPCAN, BASPCAN, NSPCC Cymru/ Wales & Children in Wales Exploring the Relevance to Practice in Wales of an International Study on Promoting Positive Parenting
Promoting Positive Parenting to Help Make the World a More Peaceful Place
The Pierhead, Cardiff
Wednesday, March 14th 2018
9.30am – 4.00pm
Aims of the conference
- To explore the relevance to practice in Wales of findings from an international study by ISPCAN on promoting positive parenting
- To identify practical ways of improving parenting practice to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people in Wales.
By the end of this event participants will be able to:
- identify how findings and recommendations from an international study by ISPCAN on promoting positive parenting relate to practice in Wales
- understand what is necessary for effective implementation of positive parenting interventions
- describe practical ways of improving parenting in day-to-day practice at primary, secondary and tertiary levels of intervention.
- Professionals who coordinate and manage parenting support services.
- Professionals working directly with children and families from health, social work, early years, early intervention services, education and the independent and voluntary sector.
- Professionals with a responsibility for planning and commissioning services to promote child health and wellbeing, positive parenting and the prevention of child maltreatment.
- Coordinators on Public Service Boards in Wales.
- Educators and researchers working in the field of positive parenting and the prevention of child maltreatment.
Keynote speakers (in alphabetical order)
Professor Jane Barlow – Oxford University
Dr. Arnon Bentovim – Child and Family Training UK
Jenny Gray OBE - ISPCAN
Enid Hendry – BASPCAN
Speakers from Wales – to be confirmed
Viv Laing – NSPCC Cymru/ Wales (Closing Co-Chair)
Des Mannion – NSPCC Cymru/ Wales (Chair)
Geraldine Murphy - Children in Wales (Closing Co-Chair)
Members of BASPCAN, NSPCC and ISPCAN £100
Bookings for all events and pricing and speaker information available at: https://www.baspcan.org.uk/events/
BASPCAN, 17 Priory Street, York, YO1 6ET Tel 01904 613605